Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Picking a Winner!

As the announcement of the Miles Franklin Award for 2011 draws near (22 June) I have a confession to make. I just read last year’s winner ‘ Truth’ by Peter Temple and am asking myself why I left it so long! What a fantastic read and reading current headlines about the dramas surrounding the Victoria Police you get the feeling it really could be the ‘truth’. Other great award winning books I’ve read of late are the Pulitizer Prize winning ‘A Visit to the Goon Squad’ by Jennifer Egan, the Vogel winner ‘The Roving Party’ by Rohan Wilson and Hugo and Nebula award winning sci-fi novel ‘The Windup Girl’ by Paolo Bacigalupi. All very different books but really great reads, so reading the award winners is really paying off.

Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment