Wednesday, May 18, 2011


So I have been reading a lot of incredible books the list is long and it is time to indulge my secret passion CHICKLIT, only the highest quality of course. One title I have had on the shelf for ages is I Think I Love You by Alison Pearson now this being a book about a woman's old David Cassidy obsession, it completely spoke to me as did her first book I Don't Know how She Does It which begins with a woman breaking store bought shortbread in a desperate attempt to make it look homemade for her child's school fete. Anyway I am so far not disappointed it is very funny and filled with excellent1970's outfits. I know I should be reading Just Kids by Patti Smith for bookclub (and finishing To be Sung Underwater by Tom McNeal) but I've nearly got a whole week. Ohh just confimed for June15 at 6.00pm is an event with the fab Jane Clifton to celebrate the release of her memoir The Address Book. So please come and join us for a glass of wine and a piece of cheese . Did I mention it was the Sun Bookshops birthday May 2nd, 13 years old we feel very teenagery now. Happy Birthday to Us.

No comments:

Post a Comment